Marshmallow Root, 8-Ounce Bulk
Marshmallow root, abundant in mucilage, acts as nature's moisturizer, soothing and hydrating from within. Marshmallow root is demulcent, which means that it's high in anti-inflammatory mucilage, a gelatenous substance produced by all plants in varying degrees that helps them store H2O. (Mucilage-rich plants have been used to fight inflammation for over 4,000 years, FYI.) And its ability to hold on to water carries over in your system. That means the water literally sticks to your insides, which has a moistening and soothing effect on you internally.
- The confection marshmallows were originally made from marshmallow root extract, eggs and sugar.
- Both the leaves and roots of the plant are used.
- Because it's a perennial and easy to grow, some consider this a substitute for slippery elm bark.
Details: Frontier Co-op Marshmallow Root is a high-quality ingredient processed from the root of the marshmallow plant. It is commonly used in teas, poultices, syrups, ointments, lozenges and other products due to its sweetness and fragrance.
Add to poultices, syrups, ointments, lozenges or wellness teas.
- 1/2 pound bulk bag (8 ounces)
- High-quality organic roots ideal for wellness tea
- Suggested Uses: Teas and syrups
- Botanical name: Althea officinalis